Landscaping Services in Marietta, GA
Lawn Maintenance FAQ
If you’re located in Marietta, GA and have some basic lawn maintenance questions before requesting our landscaping services, take a look at some of Danilo’s Tree Service & Landscaping Co.’s frequently asked questions.
Why should I prune my trees?
It may seem unnecessary to have your trees pruned, but there are many benefits. Pruning can stimulate growth in sparse areas and even restrict development in areas where too much growth is undesirable. Pruning is also a great way to get rid of damaged, diseased, or dead branches that can pose a health risk to your tree and eliminate the possibility of these branches rotting and falling off.
What is involved in the tree removal process?
The tree removal process will typically begin with one of our qualified lawn maintenance professionals coming to take a look at your tree(s) to determine if it needs removing. Once it is decided that the tree(s) will be removed, there are a few key steps to removal:
- Clear the area – There should be a large area cleared around the tree so it can fall/lay naturally once it’s time for it to come down.
- Examine the tree – It’s important to note which way the tree leans naturally as a way to determine the direction it will want to fall. Make sure also to consider any areas of decay, as this might have an impact on the way the tree falls.
- Determine an escape route – It’s never a bad idea to have an escape route in mind in case the tree falls in a way you are unprepared for. Tree removal can be dangerous! That’s why it’s essential to reach out to professionals like the ones at Danilo’s Tree Service & Landscaping Co. for all your tree services.
- Gather the right equipment – We have the necessary devices and equipment to get your tree down in no time, whether it takes a trusty handsaw or requires more power from a chainsaw.
- Begin the undercut/backcut – We will cut a V-shape at a 45-degree angle at the bottom of the side on which we want the tree to fall. This cut will be about a quarter of the tree’s diameter deep. A back cut is carried out by going to the opposite side of the tree and cutting directly through about two inches above the undercut, releasing the stress on the tree’s trunk or felling the entire tree – Many times, especially in urban settings, there will not be enough room for the tree to fall naturally, and professionals will need to be dismantled and lowered to the ground in sections.
- Condense – Once the tree is on the ground, branches can easily be discarded, and logs can be cut into multiple pieces to make hauling simpler.
For further information on the tree removal process, contact the law maintenance specialists at Danilo’s Tree Service & Landscaping Co.
Do I need a permit to remove trees?
If you reside in the Marietta, GA, area, you will typically need a permit to remove trees. This is due to a tree ordinance in Atlanta that serves to protect the population of trees. According to the City of Atlanta Arborist Division, any hardwood tree with a diameter at breast height (DBH) of six inches or greater, or pines 12 inches or greater, requires a permit for removal. Make sure to check your city regulations for further information.
Do I have to be home for the tree removal process?
Nope! As long as you can provide our contractors with access to your property, you will not need to be home for the tree removal process.
What is the difference between stump grinding and stump removal?
- Stump grinding – This process doesn’t require digging and pulling roots and will not result with a hole in the ground where the tree once stood. The stump is simply ground down into very fine chippings and then left to cover the hole and allow for the roots to decay naturally over time.
- Stump removal – This process, unlike stump grinding, requires the removal of the trees stump along with the roots. After digging everything out, you are left with a hole in the ground where the stump used to be.
When should I consider tree removal?
Danilo’s Tree Service & Landscaping Co. recommends tree removal services in the following circumstances:
- When a tree is dead or dying
- When a tree is considered a hazard
- When a tree is causing an obstruction and cannot be rectified through pruning
- When a tree is crowding or causing harm to other trees
- When a tree has root rot or other root issues
- When a tree is interfering with desired landscaping maintenance or construction
Is Danilo’s Tree Service and Landscaping Co. a licensed business?
You bet! We provide fully licensed and insured landscaping services you can trust.
What is a drainage system?
A drainage system is an essential aspect of any landscaping design, as it diverts water away from your landscaping and into an area where it will not cause any adverse damage. Drainage systems are made of simple piping that is buried underneath your yard and may sometimes require assistance from a sump pump.
What are the benefits of installing a drainage system in my yard?
Having an effective drainage system in your yard is one of those lawn maintenance aspects many homeowners tend to overlook. The benefits of installing a drainage system to your yard include:
- Prevent soil erosion – When it rains, the soil in your yard will inevitably be displaced from areas of your landscape and relocate to other areas of your yard. Though it might not seem like an issue, over time, improper drainage will lead to “soil erosion” and problems with soil depth, causing damage to your once beautifully-crafted landscaping.
- Prevent standing water – Standing water is not only a breeding ground for pests like mosquitoes, but it also can create dangerous, slippery surfaces when not maintained. Worst of all, too much stagnant water can kill your landscaping by drowning your grass or other plants. It can even compromise your home’s foundation.
- Prevent water damage – Water damage can become critical, especially when it starts messing with the foundation of your home. When severe weather strikes in Marietta, GA, water can force its way into the cracks of your foundation, causing severe damage to the groundwork of your home and problems in your basement or crawlspace.
Improper drainage won’t just damage your landscape; it also has the capacity to cause problems within your home. To avoid these issues and keep your yard and home looking and feeling brand new, contact Danilo’s Tree Service & Landscaping Co. today for a free estimate!
Do you provide dumpster services?
We do! With us, you can get the dumpster services you need without worrying about the price. To learn more about our container sizes and special pricing offers, get in touch with our full-service landscaping experts at 678-831-5262!
Do you offer emergency services?
Danilo’s Tree Service & Landscaping Co. offers 24-hour emergency tree services for both residential and commercial property owners in Marietta, GA, and surrounding areas. We also provide valuable disaster relief services in the event of a hurricane or other extreme weather conditions.